How many therapies are you in?

Right know I feel like I'm in therapy overload. I have 2 kids on the spectrum.
My daughter has PT only for know but we are about to add tutoring sessions and girls social group. My son has PT, DIR floortime, Speech, and Social Playgroup. Every day of my week is booked solid with the exception of Sat, sun and monday and I use those days for my appointments.
Parents
  • I can't speak to the moms of younger children or the ones with speech impairments, as my son is fairly high functioning Aspergers'. But he goes to counseling (cognitive behavioral therapy), social skills group, and therapeutic riding weekly, and just started OT again, which will be weekly as available. I really think that for him the social skills was the most important to get into, since he was functioning and verbal but just wasn't getting along with anyone. In fact, I'm about to take a break from the counseling, since it is the least "autism-specific" thing we're doing and I can work with him myself on emotional issues (through a LOT of reading, such as Parenting Your Asperger Child, the Incredible 5-Point Scale, Asperger's: What Does it Mean to Me, among others).

I also have 2 older special needs daughters who weren't diagnosed until older, and I feel I am short changing them but they're over 18 and I really feel I need to be sure my son navigate middle and high school successfully, since we're legally responsible for him should he go down the wrong path.

Deep breaths. An occasional glass of wine. Lots of phone time with my sister. Hershey's Bliss dark chocolate. And on line support groups. :)
  • I can't speak to the moms of younger children or the ones with speech impairments, as my son is fairly high functioning Aspergers'. But he goes to counseling (cognitive behavioral therapy), social skills group, and therapeutic riding weekly, and just started OT again, which will be weekly as available. I really think that for him the social skills was the most important to get into, since he was functioning and verbal but just wasn't getting along with anyone. In fact, I'm about to take a break from the counseling, since it is the least "autism-specific" thing we're doing and I can work with him myself on emotional issues (through a LOT of reading, such as Parenting Your Asperger Child, the Incredible 5-Point Scale, Asperger's: What Does it Mean to Me, among others).

I also have 2 older special needs daughters who weren't diagnosed until older, and I feel I am short changing them but they're over 18 and I really feel I need to be sure my son navigate middle and high school successfully, since we're legally responsible for him should he go down the wrong path.

Deep breaths. An occasional glass of wine. Lots of phone time with my sister. Hershey's Bliss dark chocolate. And on line support groups. :)
Children
No Data