Food supplements: are they useful to improve gastrointestinal and sleep problems in ASD?

Help us to help you!
At the university of Reading we have started a dietary intervention study in order to understand the effect of fibres on gut bacteria involved in so called "leaky gut" and their connection to gastrointestinal problems. In addition, in collaboration with psychology department we would like to understand their effect on mood, behaviour and sleep.

If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact me at r.grimaldi@pgr.reading.ac.uk.

Thank you very much.

Roberta
  • have the so called leaky gut have autoimmune illness depression and Asperger's to date have found the autoimmune paelo
    very helpful this does include supplements under doctor /natapath supervision
  • I think everyone should consider joining this! I'm a clinician in Utah and see wonderful results from special diets to increase intestinal health.
  • Actually Roberta you and your university are quite late here, and simply attempting to reinvent the wheel. Respectfully, you and your professors should understand that there are search engines to show existing research matches. Such things have already been extensively researched, and TACAnow and the Autism Research Institute have already led thousands of individuals successfully through the various dietary and biomedical practices. Don't feel bad, I've seen worse oversites from those in the field.