how do i have a proper conversation?

how do I have a proper conversation I really don't know I get confused when I think of what top say and go blank.
  • Hey dude. Hows it goin?

I don't know how good your social skills are but it never hurts to go over the basics. A conversation is like a see-saw. Each side has a turn and in doing so both parties go up and down together in harmony.

To begin the conversation process it can be daunting as you don't know where to start and you get anxious over conversation rules, who's turn it is, what to say and do, and what you should be paying attention to. But over time, and with practice, you'll get better. If you have access to a psychologist or health worker then you can ask them to work on some conversation skills with you.

In the meantime, something you might want to look into/do some self directed study on, check out this site: autismteachingstrategies.com/.../
    autismteachingstrategies.com/
    And you can work your way through this page to see what things may help you autismteachingstrategies.com/.../

I know that this stuff is aimed at kids but what it covers carries through to adulthood.

And now for a completely unrelated matter I see from your profile that you are undiagnosed.
    The following paragraphs contain information that can help you with confirming your suspicions about aspergers and what to look for in a person with aspergers. If you're not interested then you can skip it. Its up to you.

It can seem like we're navigating the world in blackness trying to understand the world we're in and nothing makes sense. This can be a confusing time and sometimes getting a diagnosis can be a welcome breath of fresh air that answers so many questions and provides access to sooo many solutions/tools that help you.

If you're interested in getting a general "feel" of whether you are aspie or not, have a go at this test. www.okcupid.com/.../the-asperger's-syndrome-test

Here is the old diagnostic criteria for aspergers. Even though its the old set I find this link easier to validify/explain the aspergers traits to a person that is confused/curious. www.autreat.com/dsm4-aspergers.html

And for some general aspergers traits help4aspergers.com/.../wp_4a3112c8.html

I hope what I have given you helps and points you in the right direction.

Anyhoo have a good one
    Damo
  • thank you. by the way im not a dude im a female. hopefully we can talk. please. and have took a 4 tests before all very likely to be an aspie.