3 year old

We have a 3 year old with expressive and receptive speech lanuage disorde he says about 25 words.does anyoneknow the meaning of this disorder and what a 3 years old speech should be ty
Parents
  • Man you're lucky . Two of mine didn't speak anything but babble till 5 yrs. They're fine now with little or no extra support in that area. Spectrum kids are behind by a few years in a lot of things. I think that using what other kids do as a measure of where they should be is deceptive and depressing - also unfair to the child. So long as your child is going forward and not backwards I would go with the flow - encourage as much as possible. Chat with him and read to him abundantly. They're often way smarter than it would seem as what comes out of their mouths is not a good measure of what they understand.
  • Man you're lucky . Two of mine didn't speak anything but babble till 5 yrs. They're fine now with little or no extra support in that area. Spectrum kids are behind by a few years in a lot of things. I think that using what other kids do as a measure of where they should be is deceptive and depressing - also unfair to the child. So long as your child is going forward and not backwards I would go with the flow - encourage as much as possible. Chat with him and read to him abundantly. They're often way smarter than it would seem as what comes out of their mouths is not a good measure of what they understand.
Children
No Data