new genetic research

A great new study I found on twitter

www.sciencedaily.com/.../120419121525.htm
Parents
  • I saw this online recently as well off an Autism Speaks link. It reads that
    of children with neurodevelopmental abnormalities, including autism, who were also known to have abnormal chromosomes, (Not all do, but some do) they identified area where changes to the chromosomes have been changed or altered in that group of children with abnormal chromosomes. a slight advancement into the nerology, but it doesn't change much for our children & families. Most of the children with autism don't have chromosonal issues & even if they did, then what? what to be done with that information? can chrmosones be adjusted in growing children? would you want to? If you know pre-natally that your fetal child had abnormal chrnmosome, what would you do? What is to gain from this science? I am only asking for friendly debate reasons, not specifically my opinion, But I do have an opinion that If autism speaks put as much or greater amount of its funding towards therapy, therapy rights, advocacy & towards aiding the daily lives of children with autism, instead of science that goes no where, I would offer a few more of my donation dollars in their direction, instead, I keep my funds locally where I know they go to actually helping youth with autism.
  • I saw this online recently as well off an Autism Speaks link. It reads that
    of children with neurodevelopmental abnormalities, including autism, who were also known to have abnormal chromosomes, (Not all do, but some do) they identified area where changes to the chromosomes have been changed or altered in that group of children with abnormal chromosomes. a slight advancement into the nerology, but it doesn't change much for our children & families. Most of the children with autism don't have chromosonal issues & even if they did, then what? what to be done with that information? can chrmosones be adjusted in growing children? would you want to? If you know pre-natally that your fetal child had abnormal chrnmosome, what would you do? What is to gain from this science? I am only asking for friendly debate reasons, not specifically my opinion, But I do have an opinion that If autism speaks put as much or greater amount of its funding towards therapy, therapy rights, advocacy & towards aiding the daily lives of children with autism, instead of science that goes no where, I would offer a few more of my donation dollars in their direction, instead, I keep my funds locally where I know they go to actually helping youth with autism.
Children
No Data