I found autism in the book of Acts,KIng James bible.

The symptoms of someone with an unclean spirit,in the book of Acts,mimics seziures,which is common in autism.

• Seizures are Epilepsy and I do not know if it is connected with Autism.
    Autism was not known about in Bible days.
  • Hi A.Momma.
    I have heard (years ago from a neurologist who was evaluating my son) that epilepsy/seizures is more common in people who have autism than it is in the general population, but epilepsy and autism are two different conditions. Most people who have autism don't have epilepsy, and most people who have epilepsy don't have autism.

But if you've found something that works for you and those you care for then that's awesome!
  • In reply to dshamash:

My son has low functioning autism,and has seziures since he was a baby.Now 25 years old.Yes,it is common in low functioning autism.
  • In reply to dshamash:

My son has low functioning autism,and has seziures since he was a baby.Now 25 years old.Yes,it is common in low functioning autism.
  • In reply to dshamash:

I`m talking about the symptoms of an unclean spirit,which are the same symptoms of someone with seizures.As mentioned in the book of Acts,KIng James version.

• In reply to A.Momma:

I hear what you're saying, and I feel like I know where you're coming from. Wouldn't it be great if the problems that our lower functioning children experience could be solved so easily.

I looked up online about unclean spirits in the Bible. While there is some mention of unclean spirits in the book of Acts, seizures or convulsions are not mentioned as part of those incidents (in the book of Acts).

If you're looking for mention of unclean spirits in the Bible in connection with seizures or convulsions, you might try the 8th and 9th chapters of the book of Luke.

Also, I would like to point out that in the 4th chapter of Matthew it lists different categories of affliction that Jesus healed in that instance; and demon possession is listed separately from epilepsy and also separately from paralysis.

So, I think the conclusion that best fits all of the passages is that while unclean spirits certainly could cause convulsions they were not the only cause. Epileptics are not necessarily demon possessed. And curing epilepsy is not just as simple as what you seem to be implying.

I know the demands and frustrations of caring for a lower functioning child. It's tough. It's tough for them too. And of course God is all powerful and can cure anything. But it's not the case that either autism or epilepsy can be healed by an exorcism (which is what you seem to be saying.)

Best wishes to you and your son.
  • In reply to Beryllium Fall:

In Michigan,lowfunctioning kids go to school,until age 26.My son is going on 25 years old.I know tons of kids at my son`s school,that has seziures.Of course not all of them are diagnosed with ASD,but many have ASD and Seziures.The rates of ASD have gone,way up since the 90s.My son was seziure free for several years,and then had one,about this time last year.The neurologist,he saw,well,he has seen many in the last 25 years,I just was not happy with any of them.Thedrugs they want to put them on,are more trouble than they worth.I hope you find something that works for you.
  • In reply to Beryllium Fall:

Isaiah 8;18 God is about to do something.
  • In reply to A.Momma:

For years I had the allergy free,wheat free,gluten free,dairy free diet.That helped a great deal with behavior issues.Behavior is not a major issue,with my son.He is happy,and easy going,most of the time.He is just like a toddler and with no speech.
  • In reply to A.Momma:

For years I had the allergy free,wheat free,gluten free,dairy free diet.That helped a great deal with behavior issues.Behavior is not a major issue,with my son.He is happy,and easy going,most of the time.He is just like a toddler and with no speech.