HELP! My son on the spectrum is crippled by his OCD

I am new to support groups. I hope you can help me! I have a 10 yr old son. Diagnosed ASD at 4. He did ABA therapy until he was 7 and we found sucess. Lately his OCD has become crippling. (Not letting me touch him, won't eat anything I make, will only eat off paper plates, using toothpicks instead of his fingers on the keyboard, won't use utensils)... Anyway, I am trying to start up ABA again, but I'm not sure if that's the path I should go down with these OCD issues. Advice from spectrum/OCD parents? Is ABA the right choice or should he start seeing a therapist?  Has anyone put their spectrum kids on OCD meds? Thanks so much!

Parents
  • Hi Dear Parents, 

Parenting a child with autism is a challenging - yet rewarding - job. 

All parents worry about their children, but you face challenges with communication, social skills, behavior, daily activities…it’s enough to make your head spin.

Don’t worry. We’re here to help.

We have several speaker sessions that help kids on the spectrum and teens, young adults, and adults. In addition, we have sessions covering topics like transitioning into adulthood, mental health and anxiety, social skills, and more.

The Autism Parenting Summit from Autism Parenting Magazine takes place 7th-9th September 2021.

This FREE virtual event is full of expert speaker sessions helping you in the areas that matter most.

See you at our virtual Summit! 

• Hi Dear Parents, 

Parenting a child with autism is a challenging - yet rewarding - job. 

All parents worry about their children, but you face challenges with communication, social skills, behavior, daily activities…it’s enough to make your head spin.

Don’t worry. We’re here to help.

We have several speaker sessions that help kids on the spectrum and teens, young adults, and adults. In addition, we have sessions covering topics like transitioning into adulthood, mental health and anxiety, social skills, and more.

The Autism Parenting Summit from Autism Parenting Magazine takes place 7th-9th September 2021.

This FREE virtual event is full of expert speaker sessions helping you in the areas that matter most.

See you at our virtual Summit! 

Children
No Data