Flu deaths

There is a lot of talk about deaths from the flu and flu outbreaks in my state,and maybe yours.Why don`t you hear about this? www.herbwisdom.com/herb-elderberry.html
Parents
  • Flu only gets serious if you already have immunosuppressive. Like on chemo or long term steroids or treatments for autoimmune diseases like psoriasis or Chron's disease. We still get confirmed cases of swine flu at work. Also influenza A so it's out there. I caught the flu as well as the twins this year. If I wasn't a nurse and knew how to break a fever and treat viral illnesses all of us would have gone to the hospital. Tamiflu is expensive and not very effective. We did get tested for flu and me and the twins all had confirmed cases. We managed at home with rest and fluids. I got a flushot but both Florida and West Virginia had different strains this season. It is a good idea to get the shot if you are immunosupressed or work with ppl who are so you don't serve as a vector to others and spread it. It's an individual decision though.
  • Flu only gets serious if you already have immunosuppressive. Like on chemo or long term steroids or treatments for autoimmune diseases like psoriasis or Chron's disease. We still get confirmed cases of swine flu at work. Also influenza A so it's out there. I caught the flu as well as the twins this year. If I wasn't a nurse and knew how to break a fever and treat viral illnesses all of us would have gone to the hospital. Tamiflu is expensive and not very effective. We did get tested for flu and me and the twins all had confirmed cases. We managed at home with rest and fluids. I got a flushot but both Florida and West Virginia had different strains this season. It is a good idea to get the shot if you are immunosupressed or work with ppl who are so you don't serve as a vector to others and spread it. It's an individual decision though.
Children
No Data