what meds have you tried for yourself or your children?

having an adhd son we have tried several different types of meds.
at first it was small doses of Adderall, stimulants worked to a point.
then we tried resperidone for about a minute.
the psychotic drugs worked great, made the kid psychotic in just a few days!
today he is on a low dose of intuniv. it is a blood pressure med that has a side effect that is marketed for adhd.
he gets his pill at nite. the immediate effect is a bit of drowsiness. this works well as it helps him get a good nites sleep.
I was wondering if anyone else has had experience with intuniv.
what works for you or your child?
Parents
  • my boy has issues with soy and dairy. he gets no artificial sweeteners or sodium benzoate.
    the methamphetamines began to show side effects. I was concerned about addiction issues.
    the intuniv works well with his impulsiveness and makes him approachable . he has gotten better over the years. I hope one day he can be med free. truth told he has a say so in what meds he takes. if he doesn't like the way it makes him feel we try something else.
    he has no issue with the intuniv. he will actually remind us if we forget to give it to him.
  • my boy has issues with soy and dairy. he gets no artificial sweeteners or sodium benzoate.
    the methamphetamines began to show side effects. I was concerned about addiction issues.
    the intuniv works well with his impulsiveness and makes him approachable . he has gotten better over the years. I hope one day he can be med free. truth told he has a say so in what meds he takes. if he doesn't like the way it makes him feel we try something else.
    he has no issue with the intuniv. he will actually remind us if we forget to give it to him.
Children
No Data