bathroom training for boys with sensory issues

have a almost 15 yr. old grandson. now that he's older, going to urinate means I have to clean the bathroom every day. Because of severe sensory issues, he does not like to be touched on his head, his face, his feet, and now his private parts.  When he stands to urinate, he just stands by the bowl. He is maturing and at times he sprays all over the place besides the bowl. Will not touch himself (we tried to put his hands there) and definitely will not allow any of us to touch. He does not have a male figure to emulate; are there any videos out there that he could watch.?? Is anyone else having this issue?  Don't know what else to do.

• It may be unusual but, could he urinate sitting down? I hear it's more common outside the us than inside, and maybe that presents just a different set of potential issues, but what ever works.

The only way I've heard to teach aim is the Cheerios in the bowl way that they use w/ toddlers and little kids (the Cheerios are targets). I don't know if a 15 year old would find that to be a fun game - I guess it depends on the kiddo.

Sorry I don't have something more.
  • In reply to Beryllium Fall:

Try the iDO hygiene app from Apple Store. This is the best one I've used supporting with young ppl so far. Keep it fun and praise, praise and MORE praise!! Pretty sure it's free too. Best of luck! Kris ( :

Try the iDO hygiene app from Apple Store. This is the best one I've used supporting with young ppl so far. Keep it fun and praise, praise and MORE praise!! Pretty sure it's free too. Best of luck! Kris ( :

• I had bathroom issues with my son.I finally potty trained him at 10.His issues,his penis is so small,it doesn`t go down into the toilet.We would have to lean forward,to get it,to go down in there.Was all good,until he grew up.Now,when he leans forward,he has not enough room,to get it in the bowl.I`m often cleaning up urine on the bathroom floor.He never had a man to show him,how to pee,standing up.MIne won`t hold it down either.I have to do it.He pushes me away,alot.I just do it anyway.When I catch him going in there.As for what to do?I don`t know,Sorry.Frustrating,to me,that I can`t find a potty chair with a splash gaurd.I had one when he was little.I kept in his room.He used it for years.It got nasty,I threw it out.Thinking I could replace it.I can`t find one.He likely would be to big for it,now,anyway.An adult size would be nice.

I have an idea,but not sure if you want to hear it.Check out autism deliverance videos on youtube.By Brother Carlos,and Kay Boachie.