Ok a NEW vent page

I am exhausted lately and I mean REALLY exhausted not just tired! My oldest daughter is moving 71/2 hrs away from where we live to attend college with a young fella who for lack of a better word is lazy and not committed to her or their relationship.  Her newfound adulthood worries me and this is the part about being the parent that I struggle with because I try to be supportive but I worry and say all the wrong things when conversing with her about this as ALL this has my thoughts merry-go-rounding in my brain so making it impossible to sleep...restful sleep and I get up the next day and the pattern repeats itself! Now I beyond tired or making sense....and still full of worries making myself SICK WITH the WORRY. She leaves for good in less than one month ?! And it's not feeling TOO GOOD! How do I support that?! Or get any sleep?

• Things seem to work out if we allow them to. My oldest daughter has indeed moved FAR away but I stopped fighting the change and began to understand it from her perspective. She deserves to make her own decisions and lead her OWN life!! I'm trying to mature and be the parent that I didn't have while growing up....uncharted waters for me. Many things aren't perfect but if we instead embrace the dreams of our children and want nothing but their happiness, we soon learn that learning to fly sometimes means learning on ones own! We are both learning to go through this process together ...it's scary...it's different but life is like that. We adjust and find a way...even if it is 71/2 away! Sometimes we grow if different ways and that's O.K!
  • Things seem to work out if we allow them to. My oldest daughter has indeed moved FAR away but I stopped fighting the change and began to understand it from her perspective. She deserves to make her own decisions and lead her OWN life!! I'm trying to mature and be the parent that I didn't have while growing up....uncharted waters for me. Many things aren't perfect but if we instead embrace the dreams of our children and want nothing but their happiness, we soon learn that learning to fly sometimes means learning on ones own! We are both learning to go through this process together ...it's scary...it's different but life is like that. We adjust and find a way...even if it is 71/2 away! Sometimes we grow if different ways and that's O.K!