Public chatroom

Green box to the right

Come meet others and mingle 24-7-365.
All are welcome.

chat.autismsupportnetwork.com:8080/

[Updated on 12/8/2014 1:19 PM]
  • always an open invitation for anyone to join chat. good place to meet others and exchange ideas and develop friendships.
    open 24-7
    green box to the upper right
  • check out the chat, for people on the spectrum its a safe place to talk and make friends, for parents its a place to learn and share, I have made a lot of good friends there over the years and learned more than I thought possible
  • In reply to domsdad:

hi im ari. i could use a friend if you want to talk
  • In reply to domsdad:

hi im ari. i could use a friend if you want to talk
  • Everytime I go on there I leave the lounge and go to the parenting chat, but it's dead. Not a single person in there. with the autism rates skyrocketing so fast that by 2032 80% of boys will receive an autism diagnosis, I'm surprised parents aren't flooding these rooms. The numbers are 1 in 68 now... where are all these parents? I'd love to chat with them!
  • In reply to pamelah8402:

I recommend staying in the Lobby and turning all the sound notifications on in the settings. That way, even if the chatroom's empty, you'll hear a notification if someone enters as long as you are within earshot of your computer. Chances are that the person entering is also a parent; you just gotta ask and find out! Then if you find out s/he IS a parent of a child on the spectrum, invite them to the Parents' room, so that if any other parents happen to check, they'll see and be drawn to join you.
  • In reply to pamelah8402:

Hi Pamela. How do go on live chat? It would be great to just talk. Every time I click on chat it goes to blank page that is "unsecure."
  • My name is Ellie Woods and I am a third-year undergraduate student studying Psychology at the University of Lincoln.

I am currently undertaking research surrounding the impact of social support on family quality of life and mental health in parents of autistic children.

The findings of this study will be important as they will contribute to our understanding of how different kinds of support alleviate stress of looking after a child with a developmental disability.

Please take the time to complete my questionnaire if you are the parent of a child with ASC, it should take no longer than 15 minutes.

unioflincoln.eu.qualtrics.com/.../SV_06rTupf4buMVYzj

Thank you.
  • My name is Ellie Woods and I am a third-year undergraduate student studying Psychology at the University of Lincoln.

I am currently undertaking research surrounding the impact of social support on family quality of life and mental health in parents of autistic children.

The findings of this study will be important as they will contribute to our understanding of how different kinds of support alleviate stress of looking after a child with a developmental disability.

Please take the time to complete my questionnaire if you are the parent of a child with ASC, it should take no longer than 15 minutes.

unioflincoln.eu.qualtrics.com/.../SV_06rTupf4buMVYzj

Thank you.