Autism help without therapy?

My name is Cullen and I have autism-spectrum. It is something that I have struggled for many years and recently I have come across the realization that I may need to see a therapist in order to fix these issues. These issues have gotten to the point to where everything that I try to accomplish becomes very difficult. Basically, anything that is easy for other people is extremely difficult for me. (Learning to drive, College, life management; for example) However, I was wondering if there was a way of dealing with these issues without going to a therapist. What do you think I should do?

• I think you need to see a therapist to help you overcome your obstacles and reach your full potential. There is nothing wrong with seeing a therapist. They are non judgmental and they see people like you every single day, in some cases, all day. Depends on if they specify in more than one condition. These people are trained experts that know resources that are available, coping skills, and can set you up with a lot of really useful services! I know this because my son is autistic and I couldn't do it without his therapist and my "autism team".
  • Therapy for the anxiety associated with these things may help. And therapy for any ADD issues that may be making these things difficult (organizing, planning, following through), may help as well. Plus...it's always good to have a safe place to discuss things affecting your life. Therapists are a good bunch of folks. They really do care about you, and always have your best interests at heart.