Success Story: Recovery from Autism (and then some)

I spent two days crying, for once happy tears. I keep a blog and the topics are on many things but this one is about my daughter whom I was told to institutionalize.

Don't give up hope, keep up the good fight. I hope someone can gain from knowing that sometimes the fight is worth it.

justcallmeladyluck.blogspot.com/.../fight-when-you-know-youre-right.html
Parents
  • PenelopesMommy - your daughter sounds SO similar to mine. I wish I had a step-by-step approach to hand over to someone. Many of the early years were a blur with three children on the spectrum. You'd think after having THREE diagnoses that you'd have this mastered - nope. All three of my children had different symptoms and struggles.

What I will offer since your daughter sounds quite a bit like mine (especially adding in the colic) is the elimination of milk from my daughter's diet provided the most significant impact (for us). We tried the GFCF diet, but my children's father is/was a culinary expert and he never fully supported that. We didn't stick with the gluten free program long nor strict enough to see if made a difference. My boys don't seem to be nearly as affected by milk products, but my daughter, it's very noticeable.

If you haven't given the GFCF diet a go yet, look into that as a place to start.

I'm so pleased to hear you caught her so early. My youngest was 19 months as well when we had him assessed. You can't change history but I wish I had caught my twins that young; they were five when they were diagnosed missing many years of early intervention.

And Beautiful Techno - thanks ;)
  • PenelopesMommy - your daughter sounds SO similar to mine. I wish I had a step-by-step approach to hand over to someone. Many of the early years were a blur with three children on the spectrum. You'd think after having THREE diagnoses that you'd have this mastered - nope. All three of my children had different symptoms and struggles.

What I will offer since your daughter sounds quite a bit like mine (especially adding in the colic) is the elimination of milk from my daughter's diet provided the most significant impact (for us). We tried the GFCF diet, but my children's father is/was a culinary expert and he never fully supported that. We didn't stick with the gluten free program long nor strict enough to see if made a difference. My boys don't seem to be nearly as affected by milk products, but my daughter, it's very noticeable.

If you haven't given the GFCF diet a go yet, look into that as a place to start.

I'm so pleased to hear you caught her so early. My youngest was 19 months as well when we had him assessed. You can't change history but I wish I had caught my twins that young; they were five when they were diagnosed missing many years of early intervention.

And Beautiful Techno - thanks ;)
Children
No Data