Just diagnosed

My daughter Daisy was just diagnosed with Autism. She is 19 months old. She is already in OT, DSI and Speech Therapy. I called to get her into the long term care program here in AZ and they should call next week to set up an evaluation.we are also going to get her into the jump start program as well. Is there anything else i can do for her? I feel so completly lost and helpless. I am so scared that i will miss something or let her down somehow. I have another daughter Lily who is almost 3 and she does not have autism so I feel bad that Daisy gets all this attention and some how i am letting her down too. Any advice?
Parents
  • April I have b/g twins as well both are on the spectrum. My daughter is more severe, she received the first diagnosis. Then my son 15 months later. More boys have it than girls but girls tend to be more severe. It sounds like you are on the right track. I would pursue evaluations with both of them and get started.

Does anyone do ABA in this early intervention? I've found it to work the best for my kids. Tristan is just starting with a new therapist and I really like her. I'm excited that he will make great strides.

Rebecca I feel your pain with the sibling situation. My twins have an older sister and yes it is hard at first. Its still hard for me now. But these older siblings have a maturity level far higher than their peers and it will serve her well later on in life to be less selfish and more responsible. That's how I always looked at it. And I always have them do things like smash their sibling on the couch to give them sensory input and say "I bet none of your friends get to to that" lol its just my way of trying to stay positive.
  • April I have b/g twins as well both are on the spectrum. My daughter is more severe, she received the first diagnosis. Then my son 15 months later. More boys have it than girls but girls tend to be more severe. It sounds like you are on the right track. I would pursue evaluations with both of them and get started.

Does anyone do ABA in this early intervention? I've found it to work the best for my kids. Tristan is just starting with a new therapist and I really like her. I'm excited that he will make great strides.

Rebecca I feel your pain with the sibling situation. My twins have an older sister and yes it is hard at first. Its still hard for me now. But these older siblings have a maturity level far higher than their peers and it will serve her well later on in life to be less selfish and more responsible. That's how I always looked at it. And I always have them do things like smash their sibling on the couch to give them sensory input and say "I bet none of your friends get to to that" lol its just my way of trying to stay positive.
Children
No Data