Just diagnosed

My daughter Daisy was just diagnosed with Autism. She is 19 months old. She is already in OT, DSI and Speech Therapy. I called to get her into the long term care program here in AZ and they should call next week to set up an evaluation.we are also going to get her into the jump start program as well. Is there anything else i can do for her? I feel so completly lost and helpless. I am so scared that i will miss something or let her down somehow. I have another daughter Lily who is almost 3 and she does not have autism so I feel bad that Daisy gets all this attention and some how i am letting her down too. Any advice?
Parents
  • Two suggestions. First go on line to Autism Speaks and down load or get them to send you the kit. Its called the first 100 days.
    Next go on line to check out the website Signing Time. The story of how they came about is very important. Long after I started my company I found out about them. I became a certified ASL instructor with them because of not only how they came about but their products are truly the best in the nation.
    If you go to a speech therapist they may not be too supportive of ASL but miracles happen - all the time, every day, almost every moment. Kind of hard to explain without writing a paper on the subject. I would be happy to provide you with more information and help. Please let me know.
    Candice Chakhtoura
    www.signingautisticlives.com
  • Two suggestions. First go on line to Autism Speaks and down load or get them to send you the kit. Its called the first 100 days.
    Next go on line to check out the website Signing Time. The story of how they came about is very important. Long after I started my company I found out about them. I became a certified ASL instructor with them because of not only how they came about but their products are truly the best in the nation.
    If you go to a speech therapist they may not be too supportive of ASL but miracles happen - all the time, every day, almost every moment. Kind of hard to explain without writing a paper on the subject. I would be happy to provide you with more information and help. Please let me know.
    Candice Chakhtoura
    www.signingautisticlives.com
Children
No Data