My Son Was Just Diagnosed

Hi everyone, my amazing little boy Hunter was just diagnosed with Autism Disorder Level 3. I have been scrambling these past few days wondering where the heck I am even suppose to begin. I figured coming on here, someone could give me a little insight on everything and possibly some answers! My family and I live in a small town in Minnesota and we dont have a lot of resources here. So if anyone could give me some advice with this it would be much appreciated! Thank you for your time and interest in my story.

-Brittany

• What's help are you needing? Is early intervention provided in your area?
  • Hi Brittany,

Not sure what the assessment process is like in America but in Australia, paediatricians will usually make a recommendation/referral after giving a diagnosis.

Not sure if you can send me a personal message but I am able to give you my personal experience as an ABA therapist and Early Start Denver Model therapist.

You may also find some useful information on my website parentsempowered.wordpress.com.
  • Hi Brittany,
    I have been an early childhood:special education teacher for 35 years and have worked with many children with autism. I also live in a small town in MN. After much research into what I see working best for my students I have begun training as an RDI consultant and am looking for a family to work with. Relationship Development Intervention focuses on the family, helping understand autism, trying to lower the everyday stress of having a child with autism and showing parents ways to interact during daily routines to help their child improve in the core areas of autism which focus on connections with other people. I would love to share more with you about my training and because I am still in training the cost could be minimal. You can let me know if it is something that might interest you. Thank you