Survey : What are the Negative aspects of an High functioning Autistic person

Hello, In my other discussion ,i have requested you guys to list the positive side of an high functioning autistic person and in this discussion i would like to list the negative side of the traits of being high functioning autistic person. Thank you in advance for your time ..Bala
Parents
  • Jason,

I find that there is a distinct difference between those of us who have no intention to be rude who get a reaction that was unexpected and unwarranted from the NT world, and those who use autism as an excuse to be be intentionally rude when they know it's inappropriate. The difference is in the attitude and intent behind the action, the former is intended to be normal honest social interaction that is unfortunately misinterpreted, the latter is intended to be knowingly malicious with autism used as an excuse to try to avoid responsibility for that intention.

If I've tried to engage in social interaction in a appropriate way and it's still taken badly, I'll point out my intentions, sometimes in no uncertain terms. I think we all do that in an effort to understand and be understood. That is not being deliberately and intentionally rude with no regard for the other party and then placing the blame on 'having an autistic moment' to try to avoid the consequences.

We may not be able to control how someone interprets our actions but we are responsible for our attitude and the intent behind our actions, and we are subject to the consequences or our actions regardless of our intent.
  • Jason,

I find that there is a distinct difference between those of us who have no intention to be rude who get a reaction that was unexpected and unwarranted from the NT world, and those who use autism as an excuse to be be intentionally rude when they know it's inappropriate. The difference is in the attitude and intent behind the action, the former is intended to be normal honest social interaction that is unfortunately misinterpreted, the latter is intended to be knowingly malicious with autism used as an excuse to try to avoid responsibility for that intention.

If I've tried to engage in social interaction in a appropriate way and it's still taken badly, I'll point out my intentions, sometimes in no uncertain terms. I think we all do that in an effort to understand and be understood. That is not being deliberately and intentionally rude with no regard for the other party and then placing the blame on 'having an autistic moment' to try to avoid the consequences.

We may not be able to control how someone interprets our actions but we are responsible for our attitude and the intent behind our actions, and we are subject to the consequences or our actions regardless of our intent.
Children
No Data