Survey : What are the Negative aspects of an High functioning Autistic person

Hello, In my other discussion ,i have requested you guys to list the positive side of an high functioning autistic person and in this discussion i would like to list the negative side of the traits of being high functioning autistic person. Thank you in advance for your time ..Bala
Parents
  • I think the blame game extends across all human conditions.

I also feel Sparrow is very correct in what she said in that some our traits have originated from other places besides our autism. Life is a myriad of experiences which all shape us into the human beings that we are.

Autism is only a part of it..in saying that however i do beieve there are some aspects of ourselves that exist because neurologically and genetically they do exist and we didnt purposely put them there...some have said we have a choice and I do feel this to be true...if we can recognise those aspects of ourselves that we wish to change or improve and be proactive about it then we can bring about change within ourselves

Unfortunately it is true however that children in general are at a much higher risk of not recognising unsafe situations and some adults do take advantage of this. In the situation of an autistic child i feel that risk is even higher. Which is why as parents and as members of a community we must protect these children even more.

Perhaps one of the disadvantages some of us had as an autistic child particularly as an undiagnosed child of autism we lacked protection within our lives...but in saying that times were a little different then...there was an element of secrecy..in some situations abuse was a part of 'growing up'.

Sorry if i am confusing anyone...i almost feel a little confused myself..i think i'm just trying to say that yes there are negative aspects of my own autism that i dont like but i agree with all of you i think in that we are shaped by our genetics, our upbringing, our environment, the people around us - family and friends. There is an interconnectiveness that exists
  • I think the blame game extends across all human conditions.

I also feel Sparrow is very correct in what she said in that some our traits have originated from other places besides our autism. Life is a myriad of experiences which all shape us into the human beings that we are.

Autism is only a part of it..in saying that however i do beieve there are some aspects of ourselves that exist because neurologically and genetically they do exist and we didnt purposely put them there...some have said we have a choice and I do feel this to be true...if we can recognise those aspects of ourselves that we wish to change or improve and be proactive about it then we can bring about change within ourselves

Unfortunately it is true however that children in general are at a much higher risk of not recognising unsafe situations and some adults do take advantage of this. In the situation of an autistic child i feel that risk is even higher. Which is why as parents and as members of a community we must protect these children even more.

Perhaps one of the disadvantages some of us had as an autistic child particularly as an undiagnosed child of autism we lacked protection within our lives...but in saying that times were a little different then...there was an element of secrecy..in some situations abuse was a part of 'growing up'.

Sorry if i am confusing anyone...i almost feel a little confused myself..i think i'm just trying to say that yes there are negative aspects of my own autism that i dont like but i agree with all of you i think in that we are shaped by our genetics, our upbringing, our environment, the people around us - family and friends. There is an interconnectiveness that exists
Children
No Data