Survey : What are the Negative aspects of an High functioning Autistic person

Hello, In my other discussion ,i have requested you guys to list the positive side of an high functioning autistic person and in this discussion i would like to list the negative side of the traits of being high functioning autistic person. Thank you in advance for your time ..Bala
Parents
  • Gavia there is much truth in what you say, but I think that truth needs to be tempered with compassion. Decades before I was diagnosed, people found me rude - and sometimes I found out about it. I had no intention to be rude, but I had very little self-awareness either. Nowadays, at the age of 62, I try to be warm and charming with everyone, but I still get hostile reactions from neurotypicals who get outraged because I don't use the precise verbal formulae that represent the only way they can interact with people, and they also get outraged when I don't understand what they are getting at, and I ask them to explain. When they get on their high horses like that, then I consider them legitimate military targets, and sometimes unleash a bit of acerbic logic at them, which often freaks them out. But look, that's their problem: if they can't respond in an open and civil fashion to an open and honest approach which was initially put politely, then I don't give a stuff what the fascistic idiots feel. Avanice day, y'all! - Jason
  • Gavia there is much truth in what you say, but I think that truth needs to be tempered with compassion. Decades before I was diagnosed, people found me rude - and sometimes I found out about it. I had no intention to be rude, but I had very little self-awareness either. Nowadays, at the age of 62, I try to be warm and charming with everyone, but I still get hostile reactions from neurotypicals who get outraged because I don't use the precise verbal formulae that represent the only way they can interact with people, and they also get outraged when I don't understand what they are getting at, and I ask them to explain. When they get on their high horses like that, then I consider them legitimate military targets, and sometimes unleash a bit of acerbic logic at them, which often freaks them out. But look, that's their problem: if they can't respond in an open and civil fashion to an open and honest approach which was initially put politely, then I don't give a stuff what the fascistic idiots feel. Avanice day, y'all! - Jason
Children
No Data