Protesting for your life

Albert White here.

i'm African-american man with autism. And today i want to point out about recent events going on right now. as you've heard on the news, George Floyd became another victim murdered by police in Minnesota. it sparked out outrage between all POC(people of color). as if this is more divided. riots are happening around the state including Chicago(my hometown). 

when Sean(my mentor)drove me out to see the damage done by people in the neighborhood. i was in shock. people outside looting while others trying to clean up the malls. i saw one store destroyed by fire. The aftermath was damaging. as a black man myself, it hurts to see a community almost feel like Armageddon. but i understand the hurt they feel because of racism plaguing this nation for centuries. do you think after all this years of fighting against racism, everything would change and we'll all live in harmony? sadly, it's still out there. and we've got a president who does nothing for this country who is only letting the fire burn and continuing to divide us even more. i don't want to hear anymore excuses, i just want change. we all want change. 2020 so far is a catastrophe and Covid-19 is still out there. But to be honest, we are different, how boring the world will be if we're all the same. and i've seen the protest on tv and internet. i want people to hold hands, protesters and cops and different races to join together, singing an old black spiritual, We Shall Overcome. racism will not end handing a Pepsi to a stranger, it has to end with us. by treating people the way others want to be treated. it starts with us, or else it will never end. United We Stand.

Feel Free To Comment! and Black lives matter

Parents
  • Black lives do matter! Really there will be crime everywhere you go committed by people of all races, white or of any color, things will always change up or have switch ups, look at how many American folks are having hatred towards the Chinese because of how the COVID-19 originated from there. That's a new hatred, which is terrible. And the hatred towards African Americans is that they commit crimes stereotypically, the COVID-19 didn't stereotypically start in China it actually came from China. But racism comes with arrogance, since alot of Americans are blaming pretty much all Asians for the covid 19 saying they need to go back to their country when it could be a Pacific islander that's Asian of non Chinese descent. Remember friend, speaking from an African Americans point of view all lives matter could be a phrase that may one day be appropriate to use, but as of right now it's certainly not ok to say, knowing blacks are being victimized by the corrupt police of their department.

• Black lives do matter! Really there will be crime everywhere you go committed by people of all races, white or of any color, things will always change up or have switch ups, look at how many American folks are having hatred towards the Chinese because of how the COVID-19 originated from there. That's a new hatred, which is terrible. And the hatred towards African Americans is that they commit crimes stereotypically, the COVID-19 didn't stereotypically start in China it actually came from China. But racism comes with arrogance, since alot of Americans are blaming pretty much all Asians for the covid 19 saying they need to go back to their country when it could be a Pacific islander that's Asian of non Chinese descent. Remember friend, speaking from an African Americans point of view all lives matter could be a phrase that may one day be appropriate to use, but as of right now it's certainly not ok to say, knowing blacks are being victimized by the corrupt police of their department.

Children
No Data