My 14-year old son with Aspergers

I have a 14-year old son who is super smart, sweet and kind (most of the time). We've known since Kindergarten and have gone to counselors and KFAC in Denton most recently. While I believe he's learning some things, there are others that I would like to have help with. For whatever reason, he's angry - all the time. He laughs during things that he watches that he thinks are funny (iCarly, for one) so I know it's in there. The rest of time he seems content acting like Squidward in SpongeBob - the always curmudgeon.

My husband and I have always wanted him to get into a group of other kids like him, but everyone we talk to about that either tells us it's not helpful, they can't make it happen, or they will and it never transpires.

Does anyone know of a group that not only he can get involved in, but that we as parents can talk to or participate in. We live in Justin, Texas which is between Denton and Fort worth.

Kelly Stephan

• ok. i think your son has Anxiety issues. and i've been having the same issues like you have with my autism. here's a sugesstion: go to your doctor or go see a therapist to try to point out his social awkwardness. but the best thing he'll/ she'll tell you is to get some medication to lessen the behavior. it has worked for me and it might help your son as well. Citalopram is used to treat depression. It may improve your energy level and feelings of well-being. Citalopram is known as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). This medication works by helping to restore the balance of a certain natural substance (serotonin) in the brain.