I am 54 and never diagnosed. A bit embarrassed to ask.

I am not sure if it is social anxiety or Asperger. Something is just not right. Anyone willing to share?

• At 53 I have never been diagnosed , but have told my Doctors that I fee I have ASD , Autism Spectrum Disorder which covers all the Autism Diagnosis. Having a 10 year old son and seeing him grow up with Autism , I have seen many of his Autistic challenges in myself from my years growing up. mainly being the social aspect as I find it tough to read body language and social ques. So have never had any long lasting relationships and few friends. Also with Asbergers I get involved in a subject and really research it then move on to something else that gets my interest and repeat the process. It helps me in my Career in IT , Information Technology as the technology constantly changes so I can satisfy the Asberger tendency to the technology that develops in the Computer World.
  • You are your best advocate as you know what you experience on a daily basis.

• In reply to wkmiller:

I'm almost 40. My son has severe autism, and my therapist just started seeing it in me a few months ago. I don't have the diagnosis either. Being an adult female with it is so frustrating to me. I feel totally alone in this. I basically put on an act every day just so I can get through work and family conversations. But when I'm alone....I just think and think about how different I am.
  • In reply to wkmiller:

I'm almost 40. My son has severe autism, and my therapist just started seeing it in me a few months ago. I don't have the diagnosis either. Being an adult female with it is so frustrating to me. I feel totally alone in this. I basically put on an act every day just so I can get through work and family conversations. But when I'm alone....I just think and think about how different I am.
  • In reply to wkmiller: