Our 23 yr old ASD son keeps having severe stress and depression going to college, we need any helpful info you may have.

Our son lives at home and drives about 15 min to the college, he only has 3 courses and can do the work. Every term just 3 weeks in or so the depression and stress kicks in. It seems like he thinks about juggling everything and it's over loading to him. Each term is the same thing he says that he knows it's going to be h*** all over again. Some days he only has one class and some 2 classes a day. If we could understand his thinking better then maybe we can help him more. He works hard talking to the professors and makes appts with the counselor at the college. The stress and depression makes him not care about his school work, he just does it and tries to pass. He really wants to do better and he says he doesn't want to have to deal with the crazy stress, hes barely hanging on. He said he broke down the other night. Does anyone have experience with this or have ideas . I told him that his dad and I will be willing to do anything we can. I told him to make notes about his thinking and any ideas he can think of to help even if he thinks it's crazy because it could spark other ideas. For starters I'm thinking I could drive him to the college and pick him up because that would eliminate him having to worry about driving especially when bad winter weather gets here. It seems he has a harder time when he has a long list of things to do, it becomes overloading. I appreciate any thoughts that anyone has to offer.  Have a nice day!

• What does disability councilor say
    You need her help
    He could have another disability or just need to see her weekly to work thru how to approach the and assignment for each class
    If it is a really hard course he may need to take only one
    There are many possibilities but speak to that councilor
  • What does disability councilor say
    You need her help
    He could have another disability or just need to see her weekly to work thru how to approach the and assignment for each class
    If it is a really hard course he may need to take only one
    There are many possibilities but speak to that councilor